AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. Best Radio Presenter of the Year (University of Ife, Nigeria) - 1992
2. Outstanding Radio Presenter of the year (Ogun State University, Nigeria) - 1992
3. Best Female Radio Presenter (University of Ilorin, Nigeria) - 1993
4. Radio's Most Outstanding presenter of the year (Ogun State University) - 1994
5. Radio Presenter of the year (Ray Power 100FM) - 1995
6. Chairman's Outstanding Broadcaster Award (DAAR communications Plc) - 1995
7. Airwaves Jewel of the Niger (Ace Club of Nigeria) - 1995
8. Award of Excellence in Broadcasting (Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria) - 1995
9. Airwaves Jewel of the Niger (Ace Club of Nigeria) - 1996
10. Outstanding female Radio Presenter of the Year (Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Nigeria) - 1996
11. Best Televisiom documentary Production for 'Africa-what hope for tomorrow' (Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Nigeria) - 1996
12. TV Programme of the year 'sharing with Yemi' (Ogun State University, Nigeria) - 1996
13. Best Nigerian Talk show 'Sharing with Yemi' (Women in Leadership Organisation, Nigeria) - 1997
14. Best TV presenter of the year (Sharing with Yemi) (Women in Leadership Organisation, Nigeria) - 1998
15. TV Programme of the year (Sharing with Yemi) (Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria) - 1999
16. Best TV Talk show (Sharing with Yemi) (Ogun State University, Nigeria) - 2000
17. One of the 100 Most Influential African people in Ireland (Powerlist Magazine, Ireland) - 2011
18. Award of Excellence for Selfless service to the Community (African World Newspaper, Ireland) - 2012
19. One of the 100 Most Influential African people in Ireland (Powerlist magazine, Ireland) - 2012
20. Woman of substance Award for Good Leadership (Crown Ventures, Ireland) - 2013
21. Pioneer on-Air Personality Broadcast Achievement Award (Ray Power 100 Fm - DAAR Communications Plc) - 2014
22. Recognition of Excellence Award for Contributions to the Arts and Culture industry in Ireland (Ta'azor Lee Foundation, Ireland) - 2015
23. Nominated and shortlisted as finalist for the 2016 Women4Africa Awards - International African Woman Category (Women4Africa) - 2016
24. Award of Excellence for outstanding work as a Global leader, impacting the lives of Women & Youth Globally -
2018 (Given by Young CEOs Business and Global investment Summit, Atlanta Georgia, USA and presented by
the immediate past CEO of the London Stock Exchange Group Xavier Rolet and the honourable Rep of the
Georgia House of Representatives, Kim Schofield)
25. Nominated and shortlisted as finalist for the 2018 Women4Africa Awards - Creative and Cultural Sector (Women4Africa) - 2018
1. Selected to represent Ogun State at the National Silver Jubilee Celebration of Nigeria in Gongola State - 1985
2. First Female presenter to go on air in the History of Private Radio Broadcasting in Nigeria - 1994
3. Producer of the first programme to be aired in the History of Private Television Broadcasting in Nigeria - 1996
4. First Newscasters to cast the News using a Cyber set in the history of Television Broadcasting in Nigeria.
5. First Nigerian Coordinator of the KORA all African Music Awards, taking top Nigerian superstars like King Sunny Ade, Femi Kuti,
Chichi of Africa and Inferno to represent west Africa at the KORA Awards in South Africa.
6. Selected to represent Nigeria at the USIA International participation programme on Environmental protection Issues
in United States of America - 1998.
7. First Ireland MaryKay Cosmetics Queen (Court of Sharing) - 2004
8. Founded 'African Women Development initiative', a not-for-profit African women empowerment initiative. - 2004
9. First African to serve as a Judge on RTÉ's annual PJ O'Connor Radio Drama Awards, Ireland - 2008
10. Founded of the biggest, annual Nigerian mainstream summer event in Ireland - Nigerian Carnival Ireland - 2010
11. Invited in 2010 to present excerpts from her RTÉ Radio commissioned and produced play before the President of Ireland,
Mary McAleese, at the launch of the report of The European Cultural Foundation (ECF) on its discussions throughout Ireland
amongst different cultures/backgrounds to document their experiences in dealing with integration.
12. Recognised and appreciated for the positive role she has played and continues to play in improving the quality of life
and living environment of the people of Navan, by the then Mayor of Navan, Counsellor Joe Reilly and members
of the Navan Town Council at a Civic Reception in June 2010.
13. Invited to speak at many international conferences and Seminars on various humanitarian, social-economic and developmental issues.
14. Has advocated/made representations to TDs (Ministers) at Dáil Éireann, House of the Oireachtas, (Irish National Parliament)
on issues of integration, social inclusion, racism and diversity.
15. Founded SHEROES Global, a Not-for profit initiative that Celebrates, impact and Empowers womenand youht Globally.
16. Initiated the "Exploring Options" Project... Free Career Talks for students and youth. - 2015
17. Was on the PLA Research team that worked on the project to develop an Anti Racism / integration Strategy in County Meath, Ireland.
18. Listed in the 2015 Irish Women of influence Directory as one of Republic of Ireland's Women of Influcence.
19. Wrote and published 'The POWER of THANK YOU... developing an attitude of gratitude. - 2016.
20. Wrote and Published 'Exploring Options... A guide to making career choices' 2017